The Rotary Foundation is now accepting applications for the world-competitive Rotary Peace Fellowship. The fellowship provides academic and practical training for individuals working on solving conflicts and building peace around the world.
Professional Certificate Option
* "Strengthening the leaders of today"
* 3 month professional development certificate program
* Designed specifically for candidates already working in fields related to peaecbuilding and conflict resolution to further their understanding and build their skills
* Mix of theory and skills practiced throughout 11 weeks of combined classroom and on site field study interactions
* Eligibility Requirements: minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent; 5 years relevant work experience; proficiency in English
Master's Degree Option
* "Building the leaders of tomorrow"
* 15-24 months of Rotary-funded graduate study toward a master's degree at one of five Rotary Peace Centers around the world
* Training in the root causes of conflict, theories of international relations, and effective models of cooperation, conflict resolution, and negotiation including course work and applied field experience
* Eligibility Requirements: minimum bachelor's degree; 3 years relevant work experience; proficiency in a second language
The application deadline is 1 July 2013. Application forms and more information are available at www.rotary.org/rotarycenters.
Watch the video, Is Peace Possible?
Voices For Peace from Rotary International on Vimeo.